Monday, March 5, 2012

Chinese adoption complete - Abigayle is officially ours!

Today was the day we did the deed - our adoption of Abigayle was completed!  We started out at the Civil Affairs office to have our interview with an official who asked if we were sure we wanted Abbie as our daughter, asked how we would care for her, and so forth.  It was very easy, as there is no doubt in our minds that this little girl is our daughter.
This is the holding room at the Civil Affairs office where we waited before and after our interview.

As a part of the process, we took her picture for her Chinese passport and our official family photo for our adoption decree.

(Notice her little tongue sticking out?)

She was a little tuckered out by the end of our time at the office.

We had a few more stops to process other pieces of paperwork.  Then we returned to the hotel to chill for a while.  While Abbie did this:

I did this in our hotel bathroom:

A wise friend of mine suggested I take twine to use as a laundry line, if needed.  (Thanks, Vanessa!)  The shower had a line, but I needed much more space than that, so I strung up that twine all over the place!  We sent out our pants and shirts to be laundered, but I couldn't see paying for the socks and undies to be washed too, so I was a laundry maniac.  Now the question is how long it will take all of that to dry - there is absolutely no ventilation in there.  (And yes, the shower wall is a wide open window to the city.  There is a curtain that can be pulled across, but it doesn't go all the way.  Ah well.

It was a very busy day, but today was the point of the entire trip - Abigayle Yuan Ericksen is officially ours, and we couldn't be more delighted!

1 comment: