Abbie's surgery went very well on Monday and she was discharged this afternoon - way ahead of schedule. She's uncomfortable and in pain, but all things considered, she's a little rockstar.
This was the two of us right before I brought her back to the operating room:
And this was in the recovery room as she was coming in and out of anesthesia. Her little face was so puffy and she had absolutely no interest in staying flat.
Night 1 was a long night. Very long. See that IV in her arm? Poor thing absolutely hated it! It made her miserable. "Baby" - the $10 stuffed doll from IKEA, is her favorite and it was the ultimate comfort. All of the medical staff that entered her room were introduced to Baby. (And every single one of them asked what "dolly's" name was! Dolly?! She'd just look at them and matter of factly say, "Baby.")
This was after she got clearance to start sitting up a bit. We opted for a big bed instead of a crib - I knew she'd be apoplectic if she was in a strange place confined in a box with bars all around. This choice meant that I had to sign a waiver and sleep in the big bed with her. She was much more comfortable than she would have been.
The best moment came last night as we were cuddling in bed. I was telling Abbie that we might get to go home the next day. She sweetly looked at me and said, "I wike ome." (Translation: I like home.) Doesn't get any better.
Aww! Sorry she had to go through it but glad she is doing well. It is very obvious she loves her family!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful story (beyond this one post), even the rough parts! xo!
ReplyDelete