Sunday, October 16, 2011

Our family locket

While perusing Etsy for something special to wear for my family as a birthday present to myself, I found Dawn's Dream Acres Design store and her storybook lockets.  I emailed Dawn to inquire about customizing a necklace for me with three hidden disks - one for each of my kiddos.  Dawn was a delight to work with, and I'm absolutely thrilled with the finished result!  The front disk has our names and anniversary, each of the three hidden disks has the child's name on the front and birth date on the back, and the back disk says "Family Day" with a blank space reserved for Dawn to stamp in the date we're a family when Abbie joins us.

Here are some pictures:



 Happy Birthday to me!

I'm looking forward to working with Dawn again on another piece incorporating a special piece of jade or a pearl I buy when we're in China.

Here's the URL to Dawn's Etsy storefront, in case the hyperlink in the first sentence doesn't work for you: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamAcreDesigns

2 comments:

  1. My goodness that is gorgeous!!! Gonna have to go check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie, So nice to see the locket here with your family. I am so glad you are happy with it; it was a very special piece for me to create. Thank you very much for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete