Saturday, February 25, 2012

Checked bags are ready to go

Wednesday evening I started setting everything out in the living room to eventually put in its place in a suitcase.  It started out like this:

Then soon became this:

When Gavin came into the living room, he said, "Wow, Mommy!  What a MESS!"  It was actually all very well organized to me, but I can see how it looks a bit nutso to the outside eye. 

Today I got all of the checked bags packed, weighed, and zipped.  We are also transporting three suitcases of supplies for the New Hope Foundation where Abbie has been cared for in the Heartbridge Healing Home.  So, only the three suitcases in the middle are ours.

We need to add a few last minute items to the carry-on bags before we depart Wednesday morning, but they're basically ready to go. 

And if you've stuck with me to this point, you get to see a little something special...here is an updated picture of Abbie:

7 comments:

  1. Oh...so close:) The next photo we'll see is of all of you!!! How awesome. Safe journey and enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pic of Abbie; she has such a soft and kind expression on her face.

    I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I think it is a very sweet picture too. Looking forward to sending my locket back to you for the final date stamping...very soon! It will be coming with me to China.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! She is SO incredibly cute!!! We are a Holt family as well, but won't be traveling until ... well ... forever! :( We pray you have a beautiful trip! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! You are in great hands!! We hope to travel with Holt this summer for our fourth child, all through Holt. Have a FANTASTIC trip! Nanchang is a fun city. We were there in 2008. Thanks for sharing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pic. I can't wait to hear more about Abbie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She just gets more and more cute! I remember those days of packing and weighing - and our floor looked a LOT worse than yours. You'll be well-prepared, and you will be sooo glad!

    ReplyDelete